To screen record on a MacBook, you can use the built-in QuickTime Player app or the screen recording function in macOS Mojave or later. Here’s how to use QuickTime Player:
- Open QuickTime Player from the Applications folder.
- In the menu bar, select “File” and then choose “New Screen Recording”.
- A screen recording window will appear. Click the red record button to begin.
- To stop recording, click the stop button in the menu bar or press Command + Control + Esc.
You can also customize the recording settings by clicking the arrow next to the red record button. From here, you can choose to record audio from your microphone, show or hide the mouse pointer, and more.
To use the screen recording function in macOS Mojave or later:
- Press Shift + Command + 5 to bring up the screen recording controls.
- Click the Record button to start the recording.
- To stop the recording, click the stop button in the menu bar or press Command + Control + Esc.
Once you’ve finished recording, the video will be saved to your computer. You can then share it or edit it as needed.